Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Connecting to a Smart Board

There are two apps that I use that allow me to drive my smart board from the iPad.

1) Remoter ($0.99) - This is an app that allows you to create a VNC network between your computer and the iPad.  The iPad "remotes" into your computer and then you drive the computer.  This allows me to roam the room and present my notebook presentation to the class and it allows me the ability to write on the board from anywhere in the room.  (This is why the stylus is helpful).

2) Air Display ($9.99) This is both an app and a software download for your computer.  Once again, it allows you to remote into your computer and drive the computer.  What is interesting about this app is that you can toggle between different devices, thus giving multiple iPads a turn to drive the computer.  I envision this by having each table have an iPad and then have them take turns "writing" on the board.

-Herrador

No comments:

Post a Comment