Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ms Bruce's Picks

Hi All!  I'm excited to share all the apps I downloaded on Memorial weekend.  Haven't had the time before but now I think I'm an expert. . . ha!

Scrabble, Martha Stewart Living, O Magazine, Science Illustrated, Gray's Anatomy, Popular Science, Tour Wrist, Eye Chart Pro, Webster's Dictionary, Surgical Anatomy, eClicker and eClicker Host, My Food, Portion Platter, Grammar Dragon, iResponse and Video Science and finally New York Times.  I used some of the info. we learned at the Apple PD like making folders.  I had about $50 and I spent most of it, of course.

My Faves: All of these are apps that think I would use all the time.  I pulled out my iPad on the LIRR this week and I found myself doing a scrabble puzzle to pass the time. 
1. O Magazine
2. My Food
3. Gray's Anatomy
4. Grammar Dragon
5. Scrabble

Coolesr Instructional Tools:  We're always looking for a few new things to do with our kids.  I think tech in the classroom could look like what these apps have to bring to science, or any other subject area.  My Food allows the user to look up any possible item of food, get it's detailed nutritional value, and because it's connected to Wikipedia, you can see even more detailed information and ultimately access anything about that food.  It's a great site I would like to use.
1. My Food
2.Gray's Anatomy
3. Grammar Dragon
4. Science Illustrated
5. Dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment